The Adult Probation Department has referred to your office a client, Sue, for an intake assessment. Sue is a 28-year-old Haitian woman who has been addicted to crack cocaine. She has recently pled guilty to charges of possession and sale of an illicit substance and of engaging in prostitution.
In M3 Assignment 2 RA 1, you completed Sue’s intake assessment, including diagnostic considerations and treatment recommendations. In this assignment, you will develop a proposed treatment plan for her.
Using the module readings and the Argosy University online library resources, research treatment plans.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Click here to download and review Sue’s case history.
Continuation of Scenario
Sue’s assigned probation officer has requested that you provide the court with a treatment and service plan. This plan will aid in determining the areas and types of services that appropriately address Sue’s diagnoses, risks, needs, and strengths in terms of stability, sobriety, recovery, and self-sufficiency. The probation officer will consider your plan when making a recommendation for conditions of probation to the court.
Develop a substance abuse treatment plan. The plan must include the following headings with thorough answers. Support your responses with relevant literature.
- Level and Type of Care: Recommend and explain the level and type of care in the treatment plan. Make sure to address the following:
- Crisis and urgent care, for example, danger to self, medical crises, etc.
- Level of care, for example, inpatient, outpatient—include ethical issues.
- The types of substance abuse treatment, for example, detoxification, agonist intervention.
Referrals for Related Services
- Community-based services
- Medical treatment: neuropsychologists, psychiatrists, and all medical providers
- Case management and the integration of treatment services
- Relationship and coordination with the criminal justice system, for example, the court and the probation officer
- Sexual orientation
- Socioeconomic status
Aftercare and Relapse Prevention