Write 3–4 pages in which you explain how research on lifespan development is conducted.
In the study of human lifespan development there are a number of ways to conduct research. Researchers select a research design based on the question they are interested in exploring and answering. They then select research methods that fit with the research question and design to conduct their inquiry.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
The following articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course. You will choose two of these articles to use in the assessment.
- Colonnesi, C., Napoleone, E., & Bögels, S. M. (2014). Positive and negative expressions of shyness in toddlers: Are they related to anxiety in the same way?Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 106(4), 624–637.
- van Lissa, C. J., Hawk, S. T., de Wied, M., Koot, H. M., van Lier, P., & Meeus, W. (2014). The longitudinal interplay of affective and cognitive empathy within and between adolescents and mothers. Developmental Psychology, 50(4), 1219–1225.
- Lesack, R., Bearss, K., Celano, M., & Sharp, W. G. (2014). Parent–child interaction therapy and autism spectrum disorder: Adaptations with a child with severe developmental delays. Clinical Practice In Pediatric Psychology, 2(1), 68–82.
- Larsen, C. H., Alfermann, D., Henriksen, K., & Christensen, M. K. (2013). Successful talent development in soccer: The characteristics of the environment. Sport, Exercise, And Performance Psychology, 2(3), 190–206.
- Wu, C., & Hillman, C. H. (2013). Aerobic fitness and the attentional blink in preadolescent children. Neuropsychology, 27(6), 642–653.
- Toplak, M. E., West, R. F., & Stanovich, K. E. (2014). Rational thinking and cognitive sophistication: Development, cognitive abilities, and thinking dispositions. Developmental Psychology, 50(4), 1037–1048.
- Thomas, M. K., Ge, X., & Greene, B. A. (2011). Fostering 21st century skill development by engaging students in authentic game design projects in a high school computer programming class. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 44(4), 391–408.
- Assignment Instruction
Choose two articles from the library articles listed in the Resources under the Required Resources heading, and review the research studies detailed in the articles. You will use these articles as the foundation for this assessment.
Explain how research on lifespan development is conducted. Be sure your completed assessment includes the following:
- Identify the research design used in the articles you selected (for example: descriptive, correlational, experimental, cross sectional, longitudinal, et cetera) and briefly explain the purpose of the research. What question is being explored by the research?
- Explain how the research methods (observation, survey and interview, standardized test, case study, physiological measures, et cetera) were used in the research designs.
- Summarize the outcomes of the research.
- Explain the strengths and limitations of each of the methods used in the articles you selected.
- What factors (both internal and external) that may have influenced the outcome of the research did the authors address at the end of the studies? Identify other factors that can influence the results of a research study.
- Written communication: Your writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to APA style.
- Resources: Minimum of 2 scholarly or professional resources. Note: Popular resources such as Wikipedia or About.com are not considered to be appropriate.
- Length: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages not including title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Scoring guide
- Identifies research designs used in the study of human lifespan development and explains the elements that differentiate one design from another.
- Explains the purpose and importance of research studies in human lifespan development.
- Analyzes how research methods are used within research designs.
- Summarizes the outcomes of research in the study of human lifespan development and includes how the outcomes will contribute to the body of knowledge in the field of human lifespan development.
- Explains the strengths and limitations of research methods used in the study of human lifespan development and demonstrates an understanding of how to choose the best research method for the study.
- Identifies internal and external factors that influence the outcomes of research in the study of human lifespan development and describes how the factors can affect the outcomes of research.
- Uses valid, scholarly research resources relevant to the field of human lifespan development and establishes the credibility of the research.
- Writing is coherent, using evidence to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
- Uses correct APA format and style consistently and with no errors.