For Phyllis Young: Violence on Children’s TV
Violence on Children’s TV
The National Television Violence Study found that in 1996-1997, 61% of television programs contained violence, and, of those selected, 75% showed no remorse, criticism of, or penalty for the violence. Forty percent of violent acts were committed by attractive characters.
For this assignment, you need to watch an hour of children’s television, preferably cartoons, and analyze the level of violence in the chosen children’s show.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Rate the aggressive acts using the following scale:
- Mild: Verbal aggression with no physical contact
- Medium: Physical contact with no blood, such as pushing, shoving, and hitting
- Extreme: Use of force to cause bodily injury, such as guns, knives, and other weapons, where blood is produced
- Determine if any of the following occurs after the violent acts:
- remorse for the violence
- criticism of the violence
- any consequences of the violence
Analyze how the chosen show might influence the growing child, based on your readings. What messages is this show giving to the child? Write response to each part in 4-5 paragraphs (400-500 words). Apply APA standards to citation of sources.