Assignment 2: Personal Effectiveness in Communication
In this assignment, you will evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your communication based on your personal perceptions and the perceptions others have of you. Personal effectiveness begins with you and also includes views others may have of you as an individual. You will go beyond your personal viewpoint and seek feedback from others in order to achieve a more accurate understanding of self.
To prepare for this discussion, research effective communication using your textbook readings and the Argosy University online library resources. Reflect on your personal effectiveness as a communicator, and then interview two to four people to find out how others perceive your communication. Be ready for a discussion based on the following questions.
- Define what you consider to be your strengths as a communicator. Consider talking, listening, empathy, and so on.
- Discuss what you consider to be some important areas for improvement in your communication.
- Explain how different your personal perceptions of your strengths and weaknesses are compared to the perceptions others have of you.
- Distinguish what changes, if any, you would like to make in your communication style.
- How effective do you think you are when communicating with those of a different gender? Different culture?
- Formulate a plan as to how to improve your communication abilities and effectiveness with people different than yourself.
By Saturday, February 18, 2017, post your initial response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Tuesday, February 21, 2017, actively contribute to all facets of this discussion. Respond to at least 2 of your peers’ posts.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.